Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Hello!

Welcome to my food blog!  My name is CJ and I live with my lovely wife and 1 1/2 year old son in Memphis, TN.  I am a musician and an avid foodie.  I love to cook just about anything in the world, but what I love cooking the most is Indian and Thai food.  Expect to see quite a few recipes along that vein. 

It's been a long time since I've tried to "blog" anything.  I used to have a livejournal account (actually, I still do but I haven't been on it in so long there's probably dust and mold growing on it...).  And back in my livejournal days we didn't even really call it "blogging".  It was LJing, or journaling, or something...  So I guess, in a sense, this is my first real, honest to god, blog.

I have several weaknesses.  The first of which is baking.  I'm terrified of baking.  I leave that to my wife, who loves to bake.  I feel so confined to a recipe when I bake, like if I do anything slightly creative or "wrong" it will completely ruin whatever it is I'm trying to make.  I guess it's kind of like the difference between classical music and improvised music.  I like to take a recipe and mess with it, reinvent it, and make it my own.  It's a lot harder to do that with baked goods.

Another weakness of mine is...  fried eggs.  I can not fry an egg to save my life.  One or all of the yolks end up breaking.  It's really a blow to my self confidence knowing that I could never pass as a short order cook (not that I'd really want to be one, but you know). 

I'll get busy finding some stuff that I've posted of facebook and post it here.  I think this food blog was a good idea.  Thanks Lauren!

-CJ

No comments:

Post a Comment